To find out more about life as part of BWH Sixth Form, please come along to our Sixth Form Open Evening on 13 December 6pm - 8pm.
BWH Sixth Form
BWH Sixth Form Prospectus 2018
Stafford Sixth Form Prospectus 2018
Curriculum Programme (Provisional)
Some general advice on making your Sixth Form selection can also be viewed online by clicking the link below.
Blessed William Howard's place in The Stafford Sixth Form Partnership enables our students to access a much wider range of courses and qualifications which may not all be available within our school.
Our aim is to accommodate our students on appropriate courses and to maintain the pastoral care and enrichment which we consider to be a strength of our school. Where students may wish to study subjects off site our position within the Stafford Sixth Form Partnership facilitates this. (Students should consider, however, the demands of travelling between two or possibly three separate institutions.)
The aims of Blessed William Howard Catholic Sixth Form are to:
- Support the decision making process in Year 11 as students make their plans for Post-16 education.
- Support the development of independent study skills during the transition from GCSE to A-Level where appropriate.
- Ensure effective links with external careers advisory services and encourage work experience Post-16.
- Support students when making job / course applications for higher education and preparation for interview.
- Encourage students to become involved within the school community through a variety of enrichment activities.
- Promote spiritual development within the ethos of a Catholic Sixth Form in its academic, spiritual and pastoral roles.
- Provide a mentoring programme that allows students to set targets to help support their progression
- Encourage student participation in the running of the Sixth Form and their responsibility for their environment.
- Provide effective liaison with other Post-16 providers within the Stafford Sixth Form Partnership.
- Support the aims of the school by acting in accordance with the whole School Mission Statement and the Sixth Form Learning Agreement
"The dedicated Sixth Form facilities at Blessed William Howard are really good. Modern and spacious with plenty of access to IT equipment."
- Morgan O'Brien